Thursday, November 10, 2011

Out of the box (Tokyo I)

It's bliss to make it back to the hostel after crowded subways and all day walking. It feels like this wooden box isn't made to save the hostel's space but it's actually the thing you need after a day out there. It's all you need within arm's reach and it's only for you. A complete opposite for the city space. I just wish these boxes were soundproof. 

In one day I walked around Asakusabashi, Yoyogi-park, Shibuya, Harajuku, Shinjuku and Akihabara. Again I felt like laying down in the middle of the street. I don't usually get to eat breakfast so my dinner is my lunch and breakfast.

Because of cities' bright lights, there are unnaturally black corners. Like the same way I wanted to see this country, I want my eyes to get used to the dark so I could see the faces in the shadows. I carefully place my steps to walk like a cat, to be invisible between people. I've become too skilled as at the end of the day I walk not past or between but through.

























No comments:

Post a Comment