Thursday, September 22, 2011

(Home)town








This, my friends, is the town of Kuhmoinen. Me and my parents moved here when I was 10 years old. I came here for this summer after almost 10 years. Nothing has changed here. It's a town in a snow globe.

Kind of sad atmosphere hovers on this small town. But it's not hopeless sadness. It's a pretty little town with some kind of freshness. Maybe it's because I've never felt like home here. Always like a visitor. Hence the freshness. I still look at this place like I just arrived here.

But that's how it's been everywhere. I'm maybe the most static person I know. But still I feel like I'm constantly on the move, ready to immediately change place or my camouflage. So I really don't know where I'm from if somebody asks. I'm from here?

Everything is on the move. Me and my whereabouts. In places like Kuhmoinen it's easy to forget the speed of change. Every now and then it can be a shock to leave this dreamland and realize the flow of time. All you need is a place to sit down and the world spins around you. 

Talking about spinning... the photo below was taken on a merry-go-round in front of my old primary school here. That is the wall of the school. It felt like time machine. The flowing of time and the brick wall:



No comments:

Post a Comment